The June installment of The Healthier Michigan Radio Show focuses on BCBSM’s commitment to men’s health and the initiatives surrounding Men’s Health Month. WJR-AM program host Ann Thomas speaks with:
- Ken Dallafior, Senior Vice President of Group Business and Corporate Marketing at Blue Cross, talks about how he and Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford have been hard at work on the Men of Michigan Health Challenge.
- Dr. Ray Littleton, of Henry Ford Hospital, speaks about his involvement with the “Man Up! For Better Health” initiative.
- Marshall Booker, deacon of Messiah Baptist Church, and Cle Jackson, Blue Cross’s senior community liaison in West Michigan, discuss the annual “Real Men Can Cook” competition and how it’s proving that real men can cook healthy.
The hour-long show is available online or as a podcast, or listen to it on the air on the following stations:
- WTCM-FM in Traverse City — 9-10 p.m. June 11
- WATZ-AM in Alpena — 11 a.m.-noon June 20
Andrew Hetzel, BCBSM’s vice president of Corporate Communications, joins play-by-play caller Dan Dickerson each Sunday throughout the month on the Detroit Tigers Radio Network. This month Hetzel discusses childhood obesity, Healthy Blue Xtras and more. You can listen to Hetzel’s 3-minute segment with Dickerson on what the Blues are doing to combat childhood obesity here.
, president for West Michigan Operations and Managed Care for BCBSM, appears each Monday around 6:30 a.m. on WTCM. On June 18, he discusses Blue Care Network’s recent expansion in the Upper Peninsula
, while summer savings members can realize through the Healthy Blue Xtras
program are the focus June 25.
Connolly continues his regular appearances with WOOD-AM host Steve Kelly
each Tuesday throughout June. Connolly and Kelly will discuss Men’s Health Week on June 12 and the Blues’ cardiovascular consortium partnership
with Michigan hospitals June 19.