It’s important to research and have your information ready before calling to enroll in a health plan. To reduce consult time, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan encourages consumers to take the following five steps:
- Determine subsidy eligible by going to www.bcbsm.com/subsidy or text “4subsidy” to 222-752 and follow the prompts.
- Go to BCBSM.com to shop and compare.
- Have primary care doctor(s) name and address handy.
- Be prepared with income information, birth date(s) and Social Security Numbers of everyone who will be on the plan.
- Set aside 30 minutes or more for the call to make sure consumers get all their questions answered and can complete an application.
Consumers can call a health plan advisor at 1-855-890-2410, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. or connect with an agent.