Blue Cross Extends Walk-In Center Hours to Help Michigan Residents Get One-on-One Enrollment Help
There are many ways to get help enrolling or renewing your health insurance this open enrollment period. If you’re a savvy online shopper, you can visit bcbsm.com/myblue. If you prefer to have a personal advisor, you can call a health plan advisor at 855-237-3501. If you prefer that face-to-face support, you can stop by one of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan’s statewide walk-in centers:
- BCBSM Detroit headquarters (Bricktown building): 500 E. Lafayette, Detroit, MI 48226
- BCBSM Grand Rapids headquarters: 86 Monroe Center NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Flint: 4520 Linden Creek Parkway Suite A, Flint, MI 48507
- Holland: 151 Central Ave., Holland, MI 49423
- Lansing: 232 S. Capitol Ave, Lansing, MI 48933
- Marquette: 415 S. McClellan Ave, Marquette, MI 49855
- Portage: 8175 Creekside Dr., suite 100, Portage, MI 49024
- Southfield: 20500 Civic Center Drive, Southfield, MI 48076
- Shelby Twp.: 6100 Auburn Road, Shelby Twp., MI 48317
- Traverse City: 202 E. State Street, Traverse City, MI 49684
To give Michigan residents more opportunities to get the information they need during the open enrollment period, BCBSM has extended walk-in center hours. From now until Feb. 27, 2015, walk-in centers will be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Walk-in centers will also be open the following Saturdays and holidays:
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.:
- November 22 and 29
- December 13, 20 and 27
- January 24 and 31
- February 14, 21 and 28
- Friday, Nov. 28: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 24: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 26: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 19 (Martin Luther King Day): 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*Offices will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas and New Years Day.
Looking for more information on open enrollment? Here are some articles you may find helpful:
- 5 Tips for Buying Your Own Health Insurance
- 5 Tips for Consumers to Stay Covered
- Top 4 Changes You Need to Know About the ACA
- Plan Renewals: How to Get the Most Value
- What Happens if I Don’t Get Covered by December 15?
- FAQ Friday: Rate Changes and Getting Financial Help
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan