When is my first premium payment due?
In general, your first month’s payment is due 15 days from when you receive your bill. Make sure you look at the due date on your bill, as the date depends on when your enrollment is processed.
What happens if I don’t pay my premium?
Just like any other consumer product, the Health Insurance Marketplace plan you select becomes yours when you pay for it. Without payment of your first month’s premium, your insurer is required by the Affordable Care Act to cancel the plan.
How do I pay my bill if I bought a plan on Healthcare.gov?
If you enrolled in a BCBSM or BCN plan on healthcare.gov, you have two options:
- Pay now by calling a customer service representative at 1-877-575-5081. You can pay by credit or debit card, or by setting up a payment using your bank account’s routing and checking numbers. To pay know, you will need:
- Your application ID from healthcare.gov
- The amount you owe
- What BCBSM or BCN plan you enrolled in
- Pay later by waiting until you receive your first bill. Your bill should arrive 5-7 business days from when you enrolled on healthcare.gov. Once you receive your bill, you’ll need your account number to make a payment. PPO and EPO members can find their account number on their bill. HMO members can find it on their Blues ID card. After you find your account number, you can make your payment using one of the following payment options:
- Cash at any MoneyGram location.
- Walk-in center — pay with check, money order, credit or debit card or through your bank account at one of our 11 locations.
- Mail in your payment to the address on your bill. If you decide to pay by mail, we’ll process your payment faster if you write your account number on your check or money order. Also, be sure to include your payment coupon.
Can I pay my bill online?
To see if you’re eligible for our eBilling feature, log into your account at bcbsm.com. If you’re eligible, you’ll see Pay My Premium in the right-hand column. Click the link and follow the instructions to get started.
If I bought a Blues plan on healthcare.gov, when will I receive my card?
You should receive your BCBSM or BCN ID card within 7-10 days of enrolling in Healthcare.gov.
FAQ Fridays aim to answer common questions we receive. Submit your questions to the Customer Action Center. To get one-on-one assistance, call a health plan advisor at 855-237-3501 or visit one of our statewide walk-in centers.
Photo Credit: Matt Anderson