As winter quickly approaches, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network are hosting a one-day effort to collect 1,000 coats for children and adults in need.
BCBSM and BCN locations across Michigan will serve as collection sites for a statewide coat drive benefiting St. Vincent de Paul on Thursday, Nov. 5.
The organizations are encouraging employees and the general public to participate to help reach their goal. New and gently used winter coats of all sizes are needed.
The third annual “Help the Blues Bundle Up Michigan” coat drive will help those who are less fortunate stay warm this winter. Last year, Michigan experienced its coldest February in more than 140 years.
The De La Salle High School marching band will help kick-off the drive with a pep rally at BCBSM’s Detroit Tower at 11 a.m. in the Lafayette surface parking lot. Blues employees at the Detroit Renaissance Center will also host a public celebration featuring the Cass Technical High School marching band at noon in the J-lot (east end).
Jeff Rumley, vice president and general counsel for BCBSM serves as chair of the board for the St. Vincent de Paul Foundation.
“I’ve seen firsthand how this drive enables St. Vincent de Paul to provide assistance to those less fortunate,” said Rumley. “We are honored to partner with them for the third year in a row.”
Anyone interested in donating a winter coat as part of the effort can do so at the following public drop-off locations on Nov. 5:
- Blue Care Network, 2311 Green Road, Ann Arbor 48105
- Bricktown Center, 500 E. Lafayette Blvd. Detroit 48226
- Detroit Tower, 600 E. Lafayette Blvd. Detroit 48226
- Renaissance Center, Tower 500, 500 Renaissance Center, Detroit 48243
- Jefferson Building, 441 E. Jefferson Ave. Detroit 48226
- Linden Creek Center, 4520 Linden Creek Pkwy., Flint 48507
- Steketee’s Building, 86 Monroe Center, NW Grand Rapids 49503
- Cascade Service Center, 611 Cascade W. Pkwy. SE, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Holland Service Center, 151 Central Ave., Holland 49243
- South Capitol Avenue Building, 232 S. Capitol Ave., Lansing 48933
- Marquette Service Center, 415 S. McClellan Ave., Marquette 49855
- Lyon Meadows Facility, 53200 Grand River Ave., New Hudson 48165
- Portage Service Center, 950 Trade Centre Way, Portage 49002
- Oakland / Macomb Center, 6100 Auburn Road, Shelby Twp. 48317
- BCN Commons, 20500 Civic Center Dr., Southfield 48076
- Southfield Omni, 26899 Northwestern Hwy., Suite 309, Southfield 48034
- Traverse City Service Center, 202 E. State St., Traverse City 49684
For more information on how to support St. Vincent de Paul visit svdp.org.
If you liked this post, you might enjoy: