Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has a long history of honoring people across the state who are exceptional advocates for our state’s seniors.
Help us find and recognize these outstanding advocates who go above and beyond positively impacting the lives of older adults in the state of Michigan.
Nomination deadline: June 3, 2016
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2016 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Annual Community Service Awards:
- The Claude D. Pepper Award: Do you know someone who demonstrates a positive attitude of caring toward older adults? This award is given to two outstanding senior citizen advocates whose work or volunteer activities have a positive effect on the lives of older adults. For the past 26 years, Blue Cross has awarded the Claude D. Pepper Award, named after the late U.S. Congressman who championed senior citizens’ rights. Award recipients also get a $1,000 donation for the senior-advocacy nonprofit organization of his or her choice. To nominate an outstanding Michigan senior for the Claude D. Pepper Award click here.
- The Senior Advocate Award: This award recognizes contributions made by an organization that provides older adults with health or social services to help them continue to live meaningful lives. The organization must be a community-based group that provides a service or assistance to older adults. The Senior Advocate Award includes a $1,000 donation to the selected nonprofit organization. To nominate a Michigan organization for the Senior Advocate Award, click here.
The deadline for nominations for both awards is June 3. Winners are recognized in August at the Michigan Senior Olympics, sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
Nominations can also be submitted by mailing a hard copy of the nomination form to BCBSM Service Award Nomination Community Responsibility, Mail Code CS2A, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, 600 E. Lafayette Blvd., Detroit MI 48226.
If you enjoyed this post, you may want to read:
- Rockford Resident Receives Senior Advocacy Award from Blue Cross
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Honors Seniors With Annual Community Service Awards
- Michigan Senior Olympics Promotes Healthy Competition
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan