According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, half of all health care costs can be attributed to unhealthy behaviors and lifestyle. That’s why many employers are investing in wellness and care management programs to encourage healthy behaviors, improve health care outcomes and lower costs.
Research shows that companies that implement wellness programs are more successful in reducing their employee health care costs, lowering absenteeism and improving morale — resulting in increased employee engagement and productivity. So, health and wellness programs can have a positive effect on your company’s bottom line.
Interested in learning more on how to create a healthy workforce?
Crain’s Detroit Business and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan are hosting a free webinar on Thursday, June 2 from noon to 1 p.m. on strategies to engage employees through wellness programs.
If your business already offers Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network, your employees automatically have access to many Blue Cross Health & Wellness basic programs at no additional cost, including:
- Online wellness resources, powered by WebMD®, including a health assessment, digital health coaching , online tracking monitors, health articles and videos and much more
- Care management programs, including case management and complex chronic condition management
- Convenient, 24-hour access to registered nurses for advice and answers to health care questions through our 24-hour Nurse Line
If you’re interested in a comprehensive health and wellness program to help your employees proactively manage their health, Blue Cross also has enhanced wellness and care management options:
- Incentive management tracking and reward and pedometer fulfillment
- Customized online wellness site with your company’s logo and personalized content
- Tobacco cessation and lifestyle coaching
- Onsite wellness coordinator and much more
To learn strategies to engage employees through wellness programs, register for the June 2 webinar. Attendees will also be eligible to receive a free onsite wellness assessment.