Registration is open for a free program that helps residents of the greater Lansing community kick-start their health goals for the new year. The 2018 Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up is open to all ages and geared toward Michiganders who want to take the first step to improve their physical health and wellness.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network sponsor the program, which aims to help empower residents on a journey from a sedentary lifestyle to an active lifestyle.
Residents can sign-up to participate in free bi-weekly training classes with Good Form running and walking coaches from The Playmakers Fitness Foundation. The program starts on Saturday, January 27, following a kick-off celebration at 9 a.m. at Lansing Community College, Gannon Building Food Commons. Attendees can register onsite and will be able to speak with health experts and participate in this year’s first Good Form Clinic. Program participants work toward a common goal of completing a tri-county 5K walk or run by the end of their Winter Warm-Up training. The free 5K walk/run and celebration will be held on Sunday, March 25, 2018 at Hawk Island in Lansing.
Training sessions begin Jan. 28 and will be held in Charlotte, Delhi Twp/Holt, Delta Twp/Lansing Mall, Dewitt, Lansing,
East Lansing, Michigan State University campus & St. Johns.
Details for the 2018 Lansing Winter Warm-Up are below:
- Program Dates: Jan. 28 to March 25, 2018
- Free Kick Off Event: Saturday, Jan. 27 at 9 a.m. at Lansing Community College, Gannon Building Food Commons (Free parking in the Gannon Ramp, 600 N. Grand Ave., Lansing)
- Goal Event: 5K Walk/Run, March 25 at 2 p.m. at Hawk Island Park
- Cost: Free (Sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network)
- Attire: Dress for warmth because most sessions are hosted outdoors
Are you joining in the 2018 Blue Cross Winter Warm Up? Share your progress, encouragement and join the conversation with other participants on social media using #GreaterLansingWWU.
Photo Credit: MI Blues Perspectives
If you enjoyed reading this blog, you might want to check out:
- You Can Do It! The Easiest Way To Prepare for a 5K
- Make Time For Your Health All Winter Long
- Going From the Couch to Completing My First 5K