Brush Up on Tigers Trivia for a Chance to Win Tickets to ‘Ernie,’ the Play by Mitch Albom
Many folks on our team here at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan were very fortunate to work with Ernie Harwell while he was still alive and share very fond memories. Some may not realize this about Ernie, but in addition to being a baseball legend, he was also very passionate about healthy living. He also once shared a blog with our walking advocate, Jodi Davis, a stay-at-home mom from West Michigan who lost 162 pounds by walking every day and adopting a healthy lifestyle. Jodi continues to share her story and tips for success on A Healthier Michigan. She and Ernie shared a love of walking and teaching others how to live better. Championing healthy lifestyles is something we are also very passionate about at BCBSM and Blue Care Network.
In the year since his passing, we chose to honor Ernie in many ways, including a recent mural and walking track dedication at our Detroit headquarters, and by sponsoring the production of ‘Ernie’ the play by Mitch Albom.
Since its opening, many people around the office have been raving about the play’s touching performances and star, Will David Young’s uncanny ability to channel the iconic voice of Ernie.
As part of our sponsorship of the play, we would like to share the experience of the play with you by giving you a chance to win tickets to the performance on our Facebook page.
Over the next few weeks, we will be posting Tigers Baseball and Ernie Harwell trivia questions on our Facebook page to win tickets for the following performances:
- May 17
- June 8
- June 21
The first question will be posted tomorrow, May 11, 2011 for tickets to the performance on the 17th. Additional dates for trivia questions will continue to be announced as we move closer to the other performance dates.
To win tickets you must answer our posted trivia question correctly. The first people to post a correct answer within the trivia discussion on Facebook will win pairs of tickets. Once we run out of tickets for a particular performance, we will update participants on our Facebook page: Facebook.com/BCBSM
Additional Terms and Conditions
No purchase necessary to enter to win. This giveaway is governed exclusively by the laws of Michigan. You are not authorized to participate within the giveaway if you are not located within Michigan.
- Eligibility. Participation is only open to all legal residents of Michigan, who are 18 years of age or older on the date of entry. Employees of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (“Sponsor”) and respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter. Participants must have a valid state-issued photo identification to be able to pick up their tickets.
- How to Enter. The ticket giveaways will begin on or around April 15, 2011, and end on June 21, 2011. Specific information regarding how to enter the ticket giveaways will be publicized on the Sponsor’s social media platforms.
- Prize. Ten (10) winners will receive two (2) tickets to attend the play “Ernie” at the City Theatre in Detroit. The tickets could be for any one (1) of three (3) performance dates: May 17, 2011; June 8, 2011; June 21, 2011. No transportation, hotel or other expenses provided.
- Drawings. Winners will be selected from all entrants received and be notified on the platform where the ticket giveaway was offered. Winners will be selected by correctly answering a trivia question or engaging on a social media platform through commenting, tweeting or posting in reply to a specific Facebook post, A Healthier Michigan blog post or a specific tweet. Detailed information regarding the specifics for each ticket giveaway will be posted on the relevant social media platform. Winners have forty eight (48) hours upon being notified by Sponsor to declare acceptance of the prize. If the winner cannot be contacted within this time period the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entrants received. By entering the giveaway the entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges. The judge’s decisions on winners will be final and binding on all matters relating to the ticket giveaway. A list of all winners will be made available at the end of the contest on the Sponsor’s social media platform.
- Conditions. Winners must be able to provide valid state-issued photo identification on the date of the performance to claim tickets from will-call. Participation in this giveaway and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use, exploit, adapt, modify, reproduce, distribute and publically display their name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by the winner and the winner’s guest regarding the giveaway or Sponsor without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, all participants, including all eligible entrants, winners and winners’ guest(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers directors and shareholders, from any and all claims and liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in any way in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in giveaway, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any giveaway or related giveaway activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if performance of “Ernie” cannot take place for any reason or if any prize cannot be awarded including, but not limited to due to travel complications or cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters or weather. Sponsor maintains the right to offer a substitute prize of equal value. Entrants who do not comply with these rules or conditions or who attempt to interfere with this giveaway in any way shall be disqualified from any of the ticket giveaways that occur during the previously mentioned time period.