Are you a West Michigan resident that doesn’t have coverage through an employer? Blue Care Network’s got you covered.
Blue Care Network has partnered with Mercy Health to bring residents in Kent, Oceana and Muskegon counties Blue Cross® Partnered, a health care plan for individuals under the age of 65 who don’t have coverage from an employer. This health care plan provides West Michigan residents easier access to quality, affordable care provided by a network of doctors located right in their backyard.
How Does Blue Cross® Partnered work?
This partnership provides low-cost coverage through Blue Care Network HMO and quality care through local Mercy Health hospitals and physicians.
Under Blue Cross® Partnered, you must select a Mercy Health primary care physician who will coordinate your care within the Blue Cross Partnered® network. Whenever you get health care services, it’s important to stay in network so your coverage will not be denied and your health care costs will be lower.
More than 1,000 Mercy Health providers are in this network so finding a doctor close to home will be easier than ever before. The following major Mercy Health facilities have providers participating in the Blue Cross Partnered network:
- Mercy Health Hackley Campus
- Mercy Health Lakeshore Campus
- Mercy Health Muskegon Campus
- Mercy Health Saint Mary’s Campus
- Mercy Health Emergency Department – Southwest Campus
- Great Lakes Specialty Hospital – Hackley Campus
- Great Lakes Specialty Hospital – Saint Mary’s Campus
Who can sign up and when?
Starting Nov. 15, 2014, residents of Kent, Muskegon and Oceana counties will have the option to select Blue Cross Partnered, with coverage beginning on January 1, 2015.
What benefits are included in Blue Cross Partnered?
With Blue Cross Partnered®, members receive a broad range of health care benefits including:
- Preventive care and wellness services
- Office visits
- Chronic disease management
- Lab and diagnostic services
- Hospital care
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health, substance abuse and behavioral health care
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative services (physical, occupational and speech therapy)
- Emergency care (covered anywhere)
- Pediatric vision and dental (vision and dental care for adults can be added)
Interested in learning more about Blue Cross® Partnered?
There are two educational seminars coming up in November to help you better understand the range of benefits Blue Cross Partnered® offers. Please join us at one of the following:
6:30 – 8 p.m.
Blue Care Network
611 Cascade West Parkway, SE
Grand Rapids, MI, 49546
6:30 – 8 p.m.
Mercy Health facility
The Lakes Village, Fireplace Room
6401 Prairie Street
Norton Shores, MI 49444
Call 1-855-272-1045 to reserve your seat today.
If you’re unable to make it to the educational seminars, learn more about the Blue Cross® Partnered, here.