Blue Cross Celebrates Diversity With 10th Annual Supplier Diversity Awards
Though we embrace diversity every day in our business, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan celebrates diversity in a special way each year through the Supplier Diversity Awards. The event acknowledges women and minority owned vendors, corporate procurement teams and others who champion partnerships with diverse individuals.
This year marked the 10th anniversary of the awards and honored those making strides in diversity as teams, suppliers, business units and more. The awards mean a great deal to Blue Cross as a company, but also hold value for Michigan’s economy.
This year’s award winners included:
- Accident Fund Holdings Inc. Diverse Supplier Achievement Award: iVantage Group
- BCBSM/BCN Leader- Supplier Diversity Champion Award: Joe Fritsch
- Business Unit Award: BCBSM Corporate Communications
- Buyer Achievement Award: Kimberly Krueger
- Health Care Value- Diverse Supplier Achievement Award: J & B Medical Supply Company Inc.
- LifeSecure- Diverse Supplier Achievement Award: Michigan Office Design
- Minority Business Enterprise Diverse Supplier Achievement Award: Moore Trosper Construction Company
- New 2014 Diverse Supplier of the Year Award: Accurate Background, Inc.
- Procurement Supplier Diversity Champion Award: Janessa Huston-Banks
- Supplier Diversity Champion Achievement Award: Genpact- Jawood Healthcare Solutions
- Team Project Award: HiPS Team- Accenture and w3r Consulting
- Women Business Enterprise Diverse Supplier Achievement Award: Gongos
BCBSM leadership also knows how crucial diversity is to our business. Below, they explain the value of diversity in their own words:
Partnering organizations of the Supplier Diversity Awards also included:
- Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council
- Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Women’s Business Enterprise Council – Great Lakes
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Detroit Economic Growth Corporation
Want to learn more about BCBSM’s diversity and inclusion efforts? Read the following posts:
- Grand Rapids Police Chief Talks Diversity at NAACP Dinner
- Supporting Diverse Businesses at the Michigan Minority Procurement Conference
- Blue Cross Continues to Lead the Industry in Supplier Diversity with WBEC Award Recognitions
All photo credit: Kristie Stocker