The holiday season is in full swing and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan employees are loving every minute of it. At Blue Cross campuses around the state, offices have been transformed into festive environments for the winter holidays. How exactly? We have a behind the scenes look to fill you in on what Blue Cross employees do to celebrate the holidays in the workplace:
- Everyone is encouraged to give back: By volunteering at local soup kitchens, collecting gifts to give to Michigan kids and other team-wide volunteering efforts, Blue Cross employees are reminded that it’s far better to give than receive during the holiday season.
- We help Michiganders feel the spirit: Blue Cross is proud to light up its Detroit tower with a festive tree adorning the outside of the building. In other cities, we sponsor festive community events such as the Silver Bells in the City run in Lansing.
- Employees embrace creative decor: Departments across the company decorate their workspaces, and there’s even a competition to see who can be the most creative. Last year, one of our employees even made her cubicle into a life-size gingerbread house!
- Teams encourage healthy feasts: Everyone loves a good holiday potluck, but at Blue Cross there is always an emphasis on health. Blue Cross’ corporate communications department hosts a “mix and mingle” potluck where employees are encouraged to bring healthier versions of traditional holiday favorites. Our company cafeterias also offer healthy spins on classic dishes to inspire employees to lighten up their feasts at home as well.
Want to get more behind the scenes info on how Blue Cross treasures its employees? Keep reading:
- A Personal Story From a Veteran Employee
- Blue Cross Embraces Hispanic and Latino Diversity
- How One Blue Cross Employee Earned a College Degree While Working Full Time