Registration is now open for a free program that will help Lansing-area residents kick-start their health goals for the new year.
The 2016 Winter Warm-Up featuring the Blue Cross Community Couch to 5K is open to all ages and geared toward Michiganders who want to take the first step to improve their physical health and wellness.
Residents can sign-up by Jan. 16 to participate in free bi-weekly training classes with Good Form Walking and Good Form Running coaches from The Playmakers Fitness Foundation. Sessions begin Jan. 18 and will be held in eight different communities across the greater Lansing region.
Participants will work toward a common goal of completing a tri-county 5K walk or run by the end of their Winter Warm-Up training.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network sponsor the program, which aims to help empower residents on a journey from a sedentary lifestyle to an active lifestyle.
Details for the 2016 Lansing Winter Warm-Up are below:
- Free Training Session Communities: Charlotte, Delta Township, DeWitt, Lansing, Williamston, Delhi Township, East Lansing and St. Johns
- Program Dates: Jan. 16 to March 12, 2016
- Kick-Off Event: Saturday, Jan. 16 at 9 a.m. at the Lansing Mall
- Goal Event: 5K Walk/Run, March 12 at 9 a.m. at Hawk Island Park
- Cost: Free (Sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network)
- Attire: Dress for warmth because most sessions are hosted outdoors.
Photo Credit: MI Blues Perspectives
If you enjoyed reading this blog, you might want to check out: