Is your child a big Detroit Tigers fan?
Twenty one lucky children will earn a fun-packed day when the Tigers take on the Cleveland Indians for the 4th annual Kids Opening Day, Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 1:10 p.m.
The winners will receive four complimentary game tickets, as well as the chance to participate in the following special activities:
- One winner will announce the starting line-ups on FOX Sports Detroit
- One winner will announce the starting line-ups on 97.1 FM The Ticket
- Two winners will announce the starting line-ups on the Comerica Park Public Address
- Two winners will announce the first two Detroit Tigers batters in the 1st Inning
- Two winners will be the honorary grounds crew
- One winner will throw the ceremonial first pitch
- Two winners will be the honorary ticket takers
- Nine winners will take part in the honorary “Kids Take the Field”
- One winner will take part in the line-up card delivery
To win this opportunity, parents or close relatives must submit an essay of 1,500 characters or less (about 250 words) answering the question, “How do you and your child pledge to live a healthy lifestyle this summer?”
The winning children must be ages 5 through 14.
To enter, fill out the submission form on the Detroit Tigers website. All entries must be submitted by April 5, 2016.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network are sponsoring the Detroit Tigers’ Kids Opening Day as part of the #MIKidsCan campaign, an initiative focused on encouraging kids to adopt healthy habits early in life that are more likely to be carried into adulthood.
For more information on Blue Cross’ ongoing efforts to help improve childhood health, visit AHealthierMichigan.org/mikidscan or follow #MIKidsCan on Twitter.