10 Situations that Call for the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Mobile App
You may have seen that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) offers a mobile app for Blue Cross and Blue Care Network members. You may even have it downloaded to your phone. But have you started using it yet? If not, you’re missing out on a way to make your life easier, whether you’re dealing with a health crisis, a routine trip to the doctor or a way to manage your fitness goals. The trick is knowing how the app’s many features can play a part in your life.
Here are 10 specific situations where you’ll be thankful to have the BCBSM app in your pocket:
- In the middle of the night: When you or your child is struck by a midnight fever or allergy attack, the BCBSM mobile app can directly connect you to the 24-Hour Nurse Line. The nurses can help quickly address your symptoms and advise you about whether you should seek more advanced care.
- When you’re with your financial planner: Not sure if you’re getting the most out of your Health Spending Account? Open it right up within the app, and you’ll be able to address any questions about how it impacts the rest of your finances.
- On a run: If you’re all about your wearable fitness tracker, be sure to sync it up with the BCBSM mobile app. It can help you see your goals and track how well you’re doing to reach them, while also keeping tabs on your steps and healthy habits.
- When you get mail from your doctor and something looks off: When an odd-looking item pops up on a doctor bill, use the BCBSM mobile app to check against your claims quickly. Verify the Amount You Pay matches your doctor’s bill before paying.
- At the hospital: An emergency is no time to think about your coverage specifics. The app’s My Coverage section breaks down your level of coverage and shares how much a copay will cost you at the ER or an urgent care center. You can also access your virtual ID in case your card gets left behind in a flurry.
- While traveling: There’s nothing worse than feeling sick on-the-go. Visit a doctor covered under your plan and nearby (no matter you happen to be!) by using the Find a Doctor feature within the app.
- When you’re without your wallet: Realize you’ve left your wallet at home? No worries. The BCBSM app has a virtual copy of your Blue Cross member ID card.
- While paying your premium bills: If you’re like many people, you like to settle your various bills all at once. Now you can add paying your health care premium bills to that list; just open the app and pay your bill with the push of a button.
- When you have questions about your coverage: Make sure you and your family know what’s covered. Tap the My Coverage icon to get details on your medical, prescription, dental or vision coverage.
- When shopping for healthy lifestyle products and services: Check out the Member Discounts section of the app for exclusive discounts at online stores such as Jenny Craig®, Skechers Direct®, Glasses.comTM and many more.
Curious how else you can use the BCBSM mobile app? Read these blogs to find out:
- Manage Your Health in Half the Time with the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Mobile App
- There’s an App for That!
- At Your Fingertips: How to Utilize Health Care Tools
Photo credit: Startup Stock Photo