We get it: Adulting is a new world that can sometimes feel impossible to master. Between starting a full-time job, juggling a social life, building a healthy lifestyle and managing all the things your parents used to deal with for you, there’s a lot on your plate. But you aren’t doing it alone—especially when it comes to your health insurance.
As a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network member, you have resources available to you that simplify things and make staying on top of your plan a no-brainer. Here are four helpful steps to get you started:
- Take the Member Tools quiz: Nervous about what you do and don’t know? Test your knowledge with this quiz. It reviews the basics of your coverage and, if you miss an answer, gives you the resources to learn more.
- Manage your coverage online: If you’re like most people, you spend almost half your day looking at a screen. That’s why the online Blue Cross member portal is so useful. Between scrolling through newsfeeds and checking your email, you can log in to pay your monthly premium, find a specialist or even have a one-on-one conversation with a nurse.
- Use the BCBSM mobile app: While you’re at it, the BCBSM mobile app takes the best of the online tools and packages them up to use on your phone or mobile device. Download it today to find a doctor or specialist, manage your health & wellness, talk to a nurse through our 24-hour hotline, and more.
- Have a little fun: Blue Cross has a vibrant social community, with 12 social media accounts across seven different platforms. While some are dedicated to keeping you informed about insurance, others are all about living your healthiest life in the Mitten state. Follow us on your favorite social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, even Pinterest) for tips on eating well, staying fit and exploring the state.
Curious how else you could improve your coverage knowledge? Read these blogs to find out:
- Manage Your Health in Half the Time with Our Mobile App
- Money-Saving Tools, Discounts Exclusive to Blue Cross Members
- 10 Situations that Call for the Blue Cross Mobile App
Photo credit: Raw Pixel