The holidays will be here before we know it and one mid-Michigan hospital wants women to take time for themselves before the hustle and bustle kicks in.
About 300 women are expected to attend Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital’s annual Women’s Health Experience, a free event which will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18 at their destination health park, AL!VE, located in Charlotte. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is the event sponsor.
Women are invited to enjoy a free lunch provided by NOURISH by The Big Salad, chair massages, wine tasting, retail vendors, raffle prizes holiday decorating ideas and more. Additionally, each participant will receive a free gift.
“The mission of AL!VE is to improve the health and vitality of the region,” said Operations Manager Christina Campbell. “Events such as the Women’s Health Experience are a great way to showcase many of the area’s available resources that can help women live their best life.”
“We want to foster personal growth for people,” she continued.
Some of the highlights of this year’s event include:
- One-on-one conversations with physicians and health care professionals about women’s health topics including breast health, heart health, eye health, pelvic floor and incontinence, skin care, osteopathic manipulative medicine and more.
- Shopping at Playmakers satellite store with many discounted and sale items available; you can also receive a free gait analysis and shoe fitting.
- Cooking demonstrations by the YMCA.
- A wide range of fitness demonstrations from local professionals.
- Health screenings including blood pressure and BMI.
- Wine tasting with the president of the Tasters Guild of Lansing.
- Several interactive booths and activities featuring health information, holiday baking and decorating, fitness and nutrition information, art and more.
- The opportunity to win prizes during hourly drawings that begin at 10:30 a.m. (must be present to win).
Complimentary childcare is available for children ages two to 12 from 8 a.m. to noon for those attending the event. Pre-registration for child care is required by calling 517-541-5803.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
- [INFOGRAPHIC] Women’s Health Risks and Needs Through the Decades
- “I’m grateful I was required to have that physical”
- Blue Cross Dietitian Featured in Women’s Health Magazine