In an ever-competitive market for talent, delivering a great candidate experience helps set Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan apart from other employers. For the fourth time in the last five years, Blue Cross has received the North American Candidate Experience (CandE) award in recognition of its efforts to improve each candidate’s journey with us.
The CandE Awards recognize transformative talent acquisition teams who are continuously working to improve the recruitment process, make a concerted effort to elevate and promote a quality candidate experience, and enhance the recruiting experience from application to decision.
Blue Cross was one of 50 U.S. companies recognized by the Talent Board, with over 200 companies registered, and 180,000 candidate participants. Candidate experience is largely based on a candidate’s attitude and perception of an organization throughout the recruiting process.
“From their first interaction with Blue Cross to their first day on the job, we want to give our candidates and new hires a great experience,” said Corrie Beaverson, director of Talent Acquisition. “We’re focused on our candidates’ journey and are continually evaluating and implementing new solutions to positively influence their experience. This dedication is what sets our team apart from our competitors and keeps potential hires engaged with our brand, even when they’re not selected for a position with us.”
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what some of Blue Cross’ candidates had to say:
- “The recruiting experience was by far the most professional and well-run of all the companies I applied/interviewed with.”
- “I was very pleased with the initial application process and screening interview. Based on my experience, I will refer my friends and network associates to work at BCBS.”
- “This has been a great experience so far, and I would recommend anyone to consider the opportunity to accept an internship. I have gained valuable experience and made connections with many full-time employees that I will keep in touch with even after my internship is over.”
- “Treated with a lot of respect and care, a great experience.”
Blue Cross’ CandE Award win represents the company’s continued effort to raise the bar on candidate experience and shows that prospective employees are taking notice.
In addition to the CandE Award, Blue Cross has received awards for an enhanced employee experience, as well. These recognitions include:
- Crain’s Cool Places to Work
- Metropolitan Detroit’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work for
- Diversity Inc.’s Top 11 Regional Companies
- Disability and Equality Index Best Places to Work
For more information on the North American Candidate Experience Award, visit http://www.thetalentboard.org.
Interested in working with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan? Visit bcbsm.com to explore current, open positions.