Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has a long history of honoring people across the state who are exceptional advocates for our state’s seniors.
Help us find and recognize these outstanding advocates who go above and beyond positively impacting the lives of older adults in the state of Michigan.
Nomination deadline: August 3, 2018
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Annual Community Service Awards:
- The Claude D. Pepper Award: Do you know someone who demonstrates a positive attitude of caring toward older adults? This award is given to two outstanding senior citizen advocates whose work or volunteer activities have a positive effect on the lives of older adults. For the past 28 years, Blue Cross has awarded the Claude D. Pepper Award, named after the late U.S. Congressman who championed senior citizens’ rights. Award recipients also get a $1,000 donation for the senior-advocacy nonprofit organization of his or her choice. To nominate an outstanding Michigan senior for the Claude D. Pepper Award click here.
- The Tess Canja Innovation Award: This award recognizes social service agencies that implemented innovative approaches to improve social determinants of health for older adults. The organization must be a non-profit in-home service provider for older adults. This award was created in honor of Tess Canja who was a lifelong advocate for elderly care. The award for first place is $2,000 and second and third place organizations will receive $500. To nominate a Michigan organization for the Tess Canja Innovation Award, click here.
The deadline for nominations for both awards is August 3. Winners are recognized in September.
Nominations can also be submitted by mailing a hard copy of the nomination form to BCBSM Service Award Nomination Community Responsibility, Mail Code CS2A, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, 600 E. Lafayette Blvd., Detroit MI 48226-2998.
If you enjoyed this post, you may want to read:
- Rockford Resident Receives Senior Advocacy Award from Blue Cross
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Honors Seniors With Annual Community Service Awards
- Michigan Senior Olympics Promotes Healthy Competition
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan