Want innovative, informative health news on the go?
We’ve got you covered. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has launched A Healthier Michigan Podcast, which is now available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio.
The podcast, hosted by Chuck Gaidica, a former meteorologist and on-air personality for WDIV-TV 4 in Detroit, is focused around three main themes: nutrition, wellness and mental health. This podcast series is just one of the many ways Blue Cross is committed to encouraging its members to live healthier, happier lives.
The podcast offers a unique, convenient way to stay up-to-date on health-related information. You can listen while you cook dinner, during a workout, while shopping or driving. Subscribers can download episodes directly to their smart devices by using the Apple Podcast or Stitcher Radio apps.
Tune in weekly to hear the relevant questions and information discussed by Gaidica and Blue Cross health and wellness pros. The experts for this podcast were selected because of their vast knowledge and passion for their specific fields as well as promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Grace Derocha, a registered dietitian, certified diabetes educator and certified health coach, will dive in to all things food and nutrition. She shares valuable insights on topics such as having a better relationship with food and your body, diets, meal prepping and more.
- Dr. Duane DiFranco, a board-certified psychiatrist, and senior medical director at Blue Care Network (BCN), will enlighten listeners on mental health topics such as stress, while also offering relaxation techniques and tools to screen for serious problems.
- Cindy Bjorkquist, director of health and wellness at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, has over 33 years of experience in the health and wellness industry. She’ll explain the importance of finding balance, while also detailing tips and tricks for workplace wellbeing.
These podcasts address controversial questions that listeners want to know about, while also providing helpful health-related information. From meal prepping to workplace wellness to stress management, this series covers it all.
Blue Cross is proud to deliver helpful content to its members and the public by connecting them to Blue Cross experts who are able to share meaningful information that can further help to enhance listeners’ quality of life.
Stay on top of your health and wellbeing by subscribing to A Healthier Michigan Podcast on the Apple Podcast or Stitcher Radio app today.
If you enjoyed this post, check out the following:
- Introducing the MI Blue Skill for Amazon Alexa
- Blue Cross IT: Talking Health Care Tools to the Next Level
- 5 Ways to Get in Touch with Us Now
Photo Credit: MIBlues Perspective