Encourage Employees to Sign Up for the “Win by Losing” Weight-Loss Competition
Since it began in 2009, the Win by Losing weight loss challenge has helped group employees lose more than 68 tons of human weight through teamwork and a bit of friendly competition.
Not only do competitors lose weight and feel great, research shows healthy employees are more productive and engaged.
If you’re a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network group customer, your employees can take their first steps toward a healthier lifestyle with the Win by Losing competition. Registration for this free, nine-week competition opens Sept. 10. The fun officially begins Sept. 17 and runs through Nov. 16.
Blue Cross will track your team’s progress each week, and the group with the largest percentage of weight loss at the end of the competition wins.
Our Win by Losing program toolkit makes it easy for companies to print banners, customize newsletters and share meal plans and recipes.
How to register
On Sept. 10, each company’s team captain should visit bcbsm.com/yourhealth and submit the company’s name, number of participating employees and the total weight of the participating group. The team captain is responsible for submitting the team’s total weight loss each Friday by 5 p.m.
Have questions about getting started? Email WinbyLosing@bcbsm.com.
- September 10 — Registration opens on the Win by Losing website — com/yourhealth
- September 17 — Competition begins
- September 21 — Submit total team pounds lost for week 1 by 5 p.m.
- November 16— Last day of competition
Learn more about past Win by Losing winners:
- Losing Weight a Team Effort for Win by Losing Winners
- Losing Weight Was in the Cards for Internal Medicine of Northern Michigan
- Win by Losing Helps Employees Lose Weight Together
Photo Credit: Rawpixel