Healthy Discussions: West Michigan Health Forum Returns in October
If you’re interested in learning more about pressing public health issues, a monthly Grand Rapids forum is for you.
Meaningful conversations are set to take place through upcoming Health Forum of West Michigan sessions, hosted by the Office of the Vice Provost for Health and Midwest Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research Center at Grand Valley State University, with sponsorship provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network.
Panel discussions featuring local, regional and even international health experts take place on the first Friday of each month during the academic year. Open discussion is encouraged and all events are free and open to the public.
If you’d like to be part of the conversation, registration is open for the first event, which will be held Friday, Oct. 5 and focus on water quality and safety.
Other topics include:
- Nov. 2, 2018: Human Trafficking Update
- Dec. 7, 2018: The High Cost of Prescription Drugs
- Jan. 11, 2019: West Michigan Healthcare Economic Forecast
- Feb. 1, 2019: Status of Organ Donations and Transplants in Michigan
- March 1, 2019: Mental Health – Depression and Suicide
- April 5, 2019: Health Disparities
- May 3, 2019: Topic to be determined
Read coverage of past Health Forum topics here:
Photo credit: Tzido