Free Flu Shots for Members at BCBSM and BCN Walk-In Centers
An annual flu shot is your best defense against influenza infection, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
It’s recommended that everyone six months and older get vaccinated against the flu. It’s particularly important for those at high risk of developing serious complications related to the flu, including people 65 years and older, people with chronic medical conditions, pregnant women and children younger than 5 years old.
This flu season, we’re making it easier than ever to get the protection you need. Starting on Monday, Oct. 15 and running through Monday, Dec. 3, flu shot clinics will be offered at the following Blue Cross and Blue Care Network walk-in centers:
- Detroit, 500 E. Lafayette Blvd.
- Southfield, 20500 Civic Center Drive
- Flint, 4520 Linden Creek Pkwy.
- Lansing, 232 S. Capitol Ave.
- Grand Rapids Cascade, 611 Cascade W. Pkwy. (Flu shots will not be offered at our downtown Grand Rapids location.)
- Portage, 950 Trade Centre Way
- Marquette, 415 S. McClellan Ave.
The flu shot clinics will take place every Monday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. There is no appointment necessary, just bring your member ID card to get your vaccination.
Getting your seasonal flu shot is one way you can take charge of your health. Stop in at your nearest walk-in center and feel confident about the upcoming season.
Want more information about the flu and vaccinations? Read these posts:
- Top 5 Myths About the Flu Vaccine
- What Parents Need to Know About the Deadliest Flu Season on Record
- How to Host a Successful Flu Shot Clinic at Work
Photo credit: wissanu01