Sign Up for 2019 Mid-Michigan Winter Warm-Up
Registration is now open for a free program that helps residents of the greater Lansing community kick-start their health goals for the new year. The 2019 Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up is open to all ages and geared toward Michiganders who want to take the first step to improve their physical health and wellness.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network sponsor the program, which aims to help empower residents on a journey from a sedentary lifestyle to an active lifestyle.
Residents can sign up to participate in free bi-weekly training classes with Good Form running and walking coaches from The Playmakers Fitness Foundation. Program participants work toward a common goal of completing a tri-county 5K walk or run by the end of the Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up training program. The free Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up 5K Walk/Run and celebration will be held on Sunday, March 24, 2019, at Hawk Island Park in Lansing.
Training sessions begin Monday, January 28, and will be held in Charlotte, Delhi Twp/Holt, Delta Twp/Lansing Mall, Dewitt, Lansing, East Lansing, Michigan State University campus & St. Johns.
Details for the 2019 Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up are below:
- Program Dates: January 28 to March 24, 2019
- Goal Event: Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up 5K Walk/Run, March 24 at 2 p.m. at Hawk Island Park
- Cost: Free (Sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network)
- Attire: Dress for warmth because most sessions are hosted outdoors.
- Sign Up: Commit to start (and finish) right here.
See training locations below:
- Charlotte: Galewood Elementary School, 512 E Lovett St, Charlotte 48813 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Delhi Township/Holt: Holt High School – East Entrance, 5885 Holt Rd, Holt 48842 – Days/Time: Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Delta Township: Lansing Mall – Food Court, 5330 W. Saginaw, Lansing 48917 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- MSU/East Lansing: Bessey Hall – # 108, 434 Farm Lane, East Lansing 48824 – Days/Time: Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:45-6:45 p.m.
- DeWitt: Valley Farms Community Center, 16101 Brook Rd, Lansing 48906 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Lansing: Schmidt Community Center, 5825 Wise Rd, Lansing 48911 – Days/Time: Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Lansing: Ingham County Health Department – Building #3, 2nd floor, 5303 S. Cedar St, Lansing 48911 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, Noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Meridian Township: Meridian Mall – Food Court, 1982 W. Grand River Ave, Okemos 48864 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- St. Johns: St Johns High School – Main Office North Entrance, 501 W Sickles, St Johns 48879 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00 -7:00 p.m.
Are you joining in the 2019 Blue Cross Winter Warm Up? Share your progress, encouragement and join the conversation with other participants on social media using #GreaterLansingWWU. Participants: Be sure to join our Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up Facebook Group here for support along the way!
Photo Credit: MI Blues Perspectives
If you enjoyed reading this blog, you might want to check out: