Blue Cross Donates to Charities When You Create an Online Account
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan gives back to local charities during their “Sign Up and Give Back” campaign. Now through August 31, 2019, when you create an online account Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan will donate $5 to the charity of your choosing, up to $20,000.
Blue Cross supports many local charities. The following are three you can choose to donate to through web registration:
- Easterseals founded Michigan’s first adaptive baseball field in 2004 so that kids with behavioral and/or physical challenges could play baseball. The Miracle League helps the children play baseball as team members in an organized league, both competitively and non-competitively.
- The Greening of Detroit’s mission is sustainable growth of a healthy urban community through trees, green spaces, healthy living, education, training and job opportunities. Detroiters get involved through hands-on community engagement, green space development and jobs. Celebrating 30 years of keeping Detroit clean and green for all those to live, work and grow.
- The Kirk Gibson Foundation for Parkinson’s was founded in 1996 and is dedicated to raising awareness of Parkinson’s Disease (PD), funding research and promoting collaboration, cooperation and teamwork. Through these efforts, the foundation has raised more than $2 million to date, investing funds in organizations who work together, build awareness and share data with others. The Foundation continues to fund and grow patient outreach programs and awareness by hosting special events and engaging in partnerships with other like-minded organizations with the goal of finding a cure for PD.
To donate, start by creating an online account at bcbsm.com/giveback. Once completed, click “choose a charity”. On the next page, select The Kirk Gibson Foundation, Easterseals or The Greening of Detroit. Blue Cross will complete the $5 donation once you’ve made your selection.
Donations apply only to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network members who’ve registered for an online account. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan will donate $5 to one of three eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations for each online account registered this month. Campaign will end when total donations reach $20,000 or on Aug. 31, 2019, whichever comes first. There are no costs to you as a member to register your account and no costs to the charitable organizations. Donations made by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan are not tax deductible by members. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan respects your right to privacy. Please review our privacy practices.
You may also like:
- Kirk Gibson’s New World Series Foe: Parkinson’s Disease
- How BCBSM Fights Homelessness
- Blue Cross Investments Focus on Community Care
Photo credit: fizkes