Sign Up for the 2020 Mid-Michigan Winter Warm-Up
Registration is now open for a free program that helps residents of the greater Lansing community kick-start their health goals for the new year. The 2020 Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up is open to all ages and geared toward Michiganders who want to take the first step to improve their physical health and wellness.
Residents can sign up to participate in two weekly training classes with Good Form Running and Walking coaches from The Playmakers Fitness Foundation. Program participants work toward a common goal of completing a tri-county 5K walk or run by the end of the Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up training program. The free Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up 5K Walk/Run and celebration will be held on Saturday, March 21, 2020, at Hawk Island Park in Lansing.
Training sessions begin Monday, January 27, and will be held in Charlotte, Delhi Twp/Holt, Delta Twp/Lansing Mall, Dewitt, Lansing, Meridian Township, Michigan State University campus and St. Johns.
Details for the 2020 Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up are below:
- Program Dates: January 27 to March 21, 2020
- Goal Event: Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up 5K Walk/Run, March 21 at 1 p.m. at Hawk Island Park
- Cost: Free (Sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network)
- Attire: Dress for warmth because most sessions are hosted outdoors.
- Sign Up: Commit to start (and finish) right here.
See training locations below:
- Charlotte: Charlotte Middle School, 1068 Carlisle Highway, Charlotte 48813 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Delhi Township/Holt: Holt High School – East Entrance, 5885 Holt Rd, Holt 48842 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Delta Township: Lansing Mall – Food Court, 5330 W. Saginaw, Lansing 48917 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- MSU/East Lansing: South Kedzie Hall – #105, 368 Farm Lane, East Lansing 48824 – Days/Time: Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- DeWitt: Valley Farms Community Center, 16101 Brook Rd, Lansing 48906 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Lansing: Schmidt Community Center, 5825 Wise Rd, Lansing 48911 – Days/Time: Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Lansing: Lansing City Market, 325 City Market Drive, Lansing 48912 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Lansing: Ingham County Health Department – Building #3, 2nd floor, 5303 S. Cedar St, Lansing 48911 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, Noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Meridian Township: Meridian Mall – Food Court, 1982 W. Grand River Ave, Okemos 48864 – Days/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- St. Johns: St. Johns High School – Main Office North Entrance, 501 W Sickles, St. Johns 48879 – Days/Time: Mondays and Wednesdays 6:00 -7:00 p.m.
Are you joining in the 2020 Blue Cross Winter Warm Up? Share your progress, encouragement and join the conversation with other participants on social media using #BlueCrossWWU. Participants: Be sure to join our Blue Cross Winter Warm-Up Facebook Group here for support along the way!
If you enjoyed reading this blog, you might want to check out:
- You Can Do It! The Easiest Way To Prepare for a 5K
- Make Time For Your Health All Winter Long
- Going From the Couch to Completing My First 5K
Photo credit: MI Blues Perspectives