Annual Forecast Focuses on Health Trends in West Michigan
Leaders in the West Michigan health care field will gather to take stock of health trends, challenges and opportunities that exist in Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon and Allegan (KOMA) counties.
The annual West Michigan Healthcare Economic Forecast will be presented on Friday, Jan. 10 at Grand Valley State University’s (GVSU) Eberhard Center. The event is free and open to the public, although registration is required. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network are sponsors of the event.
Findings from the 11th annual Health Check, a report focusing on industry and population health trends, will be presented. Broad health trends related to opioid use and deaths, suicides, mental health, general health risk factors such as smoking and obesity, as well as information about access to care are included in the study.
A panel discussion will focus on trends in health care and feature:
- Darryl Elmouchi, president, Spectrum Health Medical Group and chief medical officer, Spectrum Health System
- Robert Gordon, director, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Ron Grifka, chief medical officer, Metro Health – University of Michigan Health
- Hyung Tai Kim, president, Mercy Health Saint Mary’s
- Kent Riddle, CEO, Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Check out other health news from West Michigan:
- Kids’ Food Basket Connects Children to Fresh Food
- Grant Leaves Lasting Effects in GR Clinics
- GR Clinic Expanding Access to Care
Photo credit: Dennis Tangney Jr.