Bringing Health Care to the Workplace: The Care Employees Need, When They Need It
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network have partnered with Premise Health® to bring customers employer-sponsored health and wellness centers. These centers focus on the whole-health of their employees and help our members manage their health care by reducing one of the barriers to seeking care.
What problem are we solving for?
Every year, employers lose $530 billion in illness-related productivity costs. By making care convenient for employees, employers could see increased productivity, decreased absenteeism or even a decrease in unnecessary visits to the emergency room.
Bringing health care to the workplace
According to a recent study conducted by Business Group on Health, 61% of employers surveyed plan to have an onsite clinic in place next year to provide basic health services to support the health and well-being of their population, even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Premise Health designs, implements and manages onsite and near-site health and wellness centers to match the unique challenges of each employer population as part of an overarching, integrated health care strategy. They provide high-quality care for employees and dependents of large organizations across a broad range of industries nationwide.
Premise Health is the world’s leading direct health care provider with over 50 years of industry experience, a net promoter score of 94 (as of August 1, 2020), minimal wait times, and serves 245 leading corporations across the country in health centers. Premise Health offers over 30 services that can be customized to each employer, including:
- Primary care and preventive services
- Fitness and wellness
- Chronic condition management
- Behavioral health
- Occupational health
What is the value of employer-sponsored health and wellness centers?
Employer-sponsored health and wellness centers support members while helping to address health care spending by:
- Optimizing costs: Increasing primary care visits and generic prescription dispensing rate while decreasing specialist visits, outpatient services and inpatient admissions.
- Increasing productivity: Increasing employee productivity and convenience while reducing absenteeism in the workplace.
- Supporting workplace safety: Providing onsite injury support and occupational health for integrating employees back into the workplace both safely and efficiently.
- Supporting employee retention and recruitment: Offering an innovative benefit option that shows investment in the health of employees and differentiates your organization.
What is the value of the partnership?
This partnership adds value through claims data and eligibility integration, enhanced member experience and employer solution connectivity. It minimizes implementation fees and delivers robust data through integrated claims reporting analysis.
Our collaboration will help enhance the member experience through:
- Natural connection points with other solutions offered by Blue Cross
- Added convenience with benefits navigation assistance
- Onsite assessments and navigation support to high-quality providers and cost-effective sites of care
Are you interested in learning more about how an employer-sponsored health and wellness center could benefit your business? Please reach out to your Blue Cross representative for more information.
- Help Your Employees Find Purpose at Work
- Developing a Gratitude Mindset at Work
- Supporting Multi-Generational Workforces
Photo credit: FG Trade