2020 Blue Care Network Annual Report: Protecting Our Community
The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan enterprise, including Blue Care Network, is built on the belief that everyone deserves access to health care. It’s why we promote community health care initiatives and champion causes that make an impact, including:
- Partnering with several Michigan organizations to develop solutions to growing mental health needs
- Donating $1 million for emergency personal protective equipment kits for Michigan dentists
- Spending $500,000 to supply food for Michigan school-age children and families and free COVID-19 mobile testing clinics at Detroit nursing homes, care facilities, churches and other community sites
- Mailing more than 90,000 Community Care packages to BCN Advantage members
- Encouraging our employees to participate in the virtual Big Sisters Bowling for Kids’ Sake that helped raised $51,008 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Detroit. Funds went to volunteer recruitment and enrollment, child enrollment, quality assurance and remote bonding activities for the children and their mentors
- Sponsoring the virtual Annual Grand Rapids Turkey Trot, in which organizers saw nearly double the 20% rate of anticipated participation in the virtual event.
“We are so thankful to the employees who participated in our Bowl for Kids’ Sake this year. Your commitment to the youth in our community was beyond heartwarming. Thank you for standing with us in our belief that every child is worth defending.”
– Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Detroit
- Read the full 2020 Annual Blue Care Network report here.