How to Encourage Employee Well-Being Virtually
With many employees working remotely over the last year, companies need to consider virtual options for their well-being program offerings. Here are some options you may want to offer to your employees to help them thrive while working from home.
- Partner with schools to mentor students who are learning virtually.
- Partner with community groups to reach out to homebound adults to combat loneliness.
- Offer a drop-off site for food donations.
- Support both employees and family.
- Put cameras on during meetings so employees can see facial expressions.
- Have a team group text to encourage healthy living and share personal updates.
- Start meetings by asking your employees to “tell me something good.”
- Have leaders make personal check-in calls to their employees.
- Have an expert lead a virtual class in budgeting, retirement or other financial topics.
- Post financial well-being articles on your intranet site.
- Watch this past webinar on The Importance of Financial Well-Being.
- Use meetings and one-on-ones to help employees see their connection to the company’s mission.
- Move mentoring programs online.
- Create a spot on your intranet for career-related videos, articles and links.
- Encourage employees to focus on healthy eating, weight loss or exercise by offering corporate discounts on supportive apps.
- Provide links to exercise, cooking demos and recipes. We’ve got some great options on ahealthiermichigan.org.
- Don’t forget the basics. Encourage your employees to move throughout the day.
- Promote mental health resources such as employee assistance programs or telehealth doctors.
- Promote the Blue Cross® Virtual Well-Being Wednesday meditations.
- Promote challenges centered on mindfulness, gratitude or habits that improve emotional well-being.
- Start your meetings with a short meditation.
Learn more about supporting your virtual employees in this Blue Cross® Virtual Well-Being webinar. You can also sign up for future employer-focused and general interest webinars here, where you’ll find past sessions and resources.
- How to Support Employees Grieving at Work
- Creating Micro Habits to Achieve Big Goals
- The Awe Connection Between Mind and Body
Photo credit: Getty Images