Health Care as Mobile as You Are
You’ve got apps on your phone for playing music, getting driving directions and checking the weather, but do you have apps to manage your health care needs? If you’re a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network member, you do.
Whether you’re on-the-go or at home, Blue Cross offers convenient, 24/7 access to medical experts, as well as your account details and member tools.
Here are three ways to use your phone for your health care:
- Blue Cross Online Visits℠ allows you to talk with a U.S board-certified doctor using your smartphone, tablet or computer about minor illnesses and injuries, like a cold, the flu, strains or sprains. You can also talk to a licensed therapist or psychiatrist about any challenges you’re facing. Before you get started, ensure your plan includes access to Blue Cross Online Visits℠ and services. Learn more about how to get started with online visits here.
- The 24-Hour Nurse Line is a free service that connects you with a registered nurse any time of day or night. The nurses can help you assess your situation and will direct you where to go to seek care. To speak with a nurse, call 1-800-775-2583 (for Blue Cross PPO members) or 1-855-624-5214 (for Blue Care Network HMO members).
- The BCBSM mobile app allows you to access your account details and member tools no matter where you are, giving you peace of mind whether you’re down the road or in another country.
Make your health care more convenient. Download the Blue Cross Online Visits℠ app and the BCBSM mobile app today.
Here are some of the key features of the BCBSM mobile app:
Looking for more information on how to use the bcbsm.com website and mobile app to stay on top of your health insurance? MIBluesPerspectives is ready to help:
- Tracking Health Care Usage and Costs with a Click
- There’s an App for That!
- Manage Your Health in Half the Time with the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Mobile App
Photo credit: shironosov