BCBSM Maintains $0 Premium Plans, Offers Enhanced Pharmacy and Supplemental Benefits for 2022 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period
DETROIT, Oct. 13, 2021 –Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan will continue to offer $0 premium plans, $0 or low deductibles, $0 doctor visits and improved supplemental benefits for the 2022 Medicare annual enrollment period, running October 15 through December 7.
“Plan stability and affordability are at the forefront of our mission to ensure seniors have access to the care, resources and support they need. Naturally, addressing the cost of prescription drugs and other health-related needs are critical components to achieving that mission,” said Krischa Winright, executive vice president of Senior Health Services at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. “We’re thrilled to provide enhanced benefit options that help members save money while also getting more value out of their health care plan.”
All 10 of Blue Cross and Blue Care Network Advantage’s current Medicare Advantage plans will be maintained for 2022 enrollment including the $0 premium Essential PPO and Prime Value HMO-POS plans featuring $0 medical deductible in most counties and $0 in-network primary care doctor visits.
Plans also offer:
- $0 or low deductibles, $0 primary care provider visits, $0 medical and behavioral telehealth visits and $0 cost-share on COVID testing and related services.
- A $0 copay on Tier 1 preferred generic drugs.
- Even more healthy food and over-the-counter options through the “Advantage Dollars” program including two new retailers, Kroger and FarmboxRx. The Advantage Dollars card can be used to purchase eligible products at over 1,700 retail locations in Michigan alone. Members in select plans can shop online, over the phone, or in person.
- Support measures for eligible members requiring help at home including wellness check-ins, help with grocery shopping, light housekeeping, companionship and reliable appointment transportation.
- Part D Senior Savings Model: BCNA members will have access to Medicare Advantage and Part D plans that limit monthly out-of-pocket costs to $35 or less for all covered insulin, providing more predictable monthly expenses.
- Access to nearly every hospital and over 80,000 doctors in Michigan, and 1.7 million doctors nationwide.
For more information on a Medicare Advantage plan with Blue Cross, visit bcbsm.com/medicare or call 1-888-563-3307 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., with weekend hours Oct. 1 through March 31. TTY users call 711.
Medicare Plus BlueSM, BCN AdvantageSM and Prescription BlueSM are PPO, HMO-POS, HMO and PDP plans with Medicare contracts. Enrollment in Medicare Plus Blue, BCN Advantage and Prescription Blue depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, a nonprofit mutual insurance company, is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. BCBSM provides health benefits to more than 4.7 million members residing in Michigan in addition to employees of Michigan-headquartered companies residing outside the state. The company has been committed to delivering affordable health care products through a broad variety of plans for businesses, individuals and seniors for 80 years. Beyond health care coverage, BCBSM supports impactful community initiatives and provides leadership in improving health care. For more information, visit bcbsm.com and MiBluesPerspectives.com.