New Blue Care Network Plans Provide Options for Members, Customers in Uncertain Times
Sandy Fester, VP of Middle and Small Group Business
| 2 min read
Sandy Fester is vice president of Middle and Small Group Business at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
In the face of economic uncertainty, we know businesses and families are facing tough choices when it comes to their spending. To address those needs, we’re adding two new Blue Care Network plans that will simplify coverage and provide more clarity when it comes to out-of-pocket costs for members. Both plans include access to BCN’s broad network of providers with coverage in all 83 counties statewide and give decision-makers more options when selecting the right health plan.
- Our Blue Elect Plus℠ point of service plan combines affordability with flexibility. Small and large group members will enjoy the managed care benefits of an HMO with the provider choice of a PPO plan, all at an affordable rate. Members both in- and out-of-state will be able to self-refer for any specialist needs, improving access to care.
- The BCN HMO Fixed Cost℠ plan puts members’ needs for clear costs at the forefront. With a simplistic copay design, no deductible or coinsurance for medical and pharmacy services and fully covered online visits, members won’t be surprised by costs at the doctor’s office or pharmacy. They’ll also be better positioned to understand and manage their health care.
These new plans build on our history of delivering innovative, cost-effective options. Now more than ever, we’re looking for ways to support our customers and members with choices that deliver great value and exceptional coverage at a stable price point. Additionally, we’re holding average rate adjustments below 2% for 2021 enrollment and along with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, have provided additional relief through the return of medical, dental and vision premiums. We also set up a special support program for small businesses severely impacted by the pandemic, and help for displaced workers to obtain continued coverage. Related:
- The 5 Costs That Make Up Your Health Plan
- Blue Cross, Blue Care Network Control Costs on Individual Health Plans
- 2019 Blue Care Network Annual Report
Photo credit: jacoblund