Ways You Can Save Frequent Trips to the Pharmacy
| 3 min read
Rita Kakish, RPh, is a Blue Cross Pharmacy Operations Manager. She has an incredible wealth of experience working with pharmacy network management and the Medicare Part D program. Currently, Rita oversees building and maintaining pharmacy benefits, monitoring various control reports, direct member reimbursement and COB. She and her husband Tony reside in the metro Detroit area and love to travel.
- Medication synchronization of maintenance drugs for chronic long-term care conditions, with the exception of:
- Most Schedule 2-5 controlled substances (anti-epileptic prescriptions allowed)
- Select prescription drugs that are limited to certain fill requirements
- Medication synchronization on prescriptions that have authorized refills remaining.
- Your pharmacist will be able to help you plan to synchronize your drugs for you to pick them up at your convenience on a single day each month.
- When a Blue Cross or BCN participating pharmacy submits your drug claim that meets the criteria, a prorated, daily cost-sharing rate will be applied to your maintenance prescription drugs.
- The program will allow your pharmacist to dispense up to 29 days of your maintenance prescription drugs.
- Participating pharmacies will collect your applicable cost share for each of your submitted synchronized prescription claim.