- Pick your primary care doctor. Keep costs low by choosing a primary care doctor who is in a Level 1 OSC. You can find a list of OSC doctors by visiting bcbsm.com and clicking Find a doctor. And there are a lot of options: Currently, more than 4,000 primary care doctors, 11,000 specialists and 100 hospitals within Michigan are in an OSC. Everyone in your family needs to pick a primary care doctor in a Level 1 OSC if you want to keep costs as low as possible.
- Understand how the cost levels work. With Physician Choice PPO, your cost varies depending on the level of OSC doctors and hospitals you choose. To get the lowest costs you need to use doctors and hospitals in a Level 1. If you use doctors and hospitals outside your primary care doctors OSC without a referral, select a primary care doctor, not in a Level 1 OSC or don’t select a primary doctor, you’ll pay higher costs.
- Create an account with bcbsm.com. If you haven’t created a user name and password at bcbsm.com , do that now. Among other things, having an account lets you find primary care doctors and hospitals, see a snapshot of your current plan (including where you stand with your deductible and claims) and pull up a virtual ID card.
- Find a hospital. A lot goes into choosing a hospital, so don’t wait until you’re in the middle of an emergency to know which one to go to. Talk to your primary care doctor about the hospitals that are in his or her OSC and decide ahead of time which one you’ll visit if something happens.
- Learn about member-only benefits. There are a lot of amazing resources available to you as a Blue Cross member. A few include the 24-Hour Nurse Line, where you can ask any health-related question at any time of the day or night, the Blue Cross Health & Wellness site powered by WebMD Health Services, and exclusive discounts only available to members.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published.
Feb 26, 2017 at 2:02am
Hi Karen, thanks for flagging as we want to provide the best service and will look into this. If you need assistance finding a doctor, please fill out this form:http://miblues.co/1Bb6oI4 so we can get in touch with you directly. Thank you, Taylar
Feb 25, 2017 at 1:54pm
I used your find a doctor... most I choose were not in business, not in my state any longer.. maybe you should up date???
Nov 14, 2016 at 8:06pm
Hi Georgia, Thanks for reaching out to us! Our Health Plan Specialists can help you find a plan that fits your needs and budget. Please provide us with more info here, http://miblues.co/1Bb6oI4, and they’ll reach out directly to assist you. Thank you, Taylar
Nov 12, 2016 at 5:44pm
ID LIKE TO TALK TO SOME ONE IF POSSIBLE
Aug 23, 2016 at 10:21pm
Hi Bobbie, We’re here to help you. The letters you should have received include a special phone number to connect you with experts at Blue Cross who can help answer your questions. These health plan specialists can talk through your family’s health needs and help find the best plan for you when Medicare AEP begins in October. If you need further assistance, contact us here http://miblues.co/1Bb6oI4, and a representative will be in touch directly to discuss your options. Thanks, Naomi