Benefits of a Homegrown Health Carrier
| 2 min read
From Yooper country to Lansing and everywhere in between, quality health care is available for every Michigander. Being a part of the community for more than 75 years, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan understands what Michigan residents need in health care. Options that meet individual needs and support to get the care needed to stay healthy through every stage of life are only some of the benefits of having a Michigan grown health carrier. Other benefits include:
- The largest network of doctors and hospitals in the state. More than 30,000 doctors in Michigan and every major hospital system accepts Blue Cross insurance.
- Grants and programs to promote better health. Blue Cross has partnered with 275 Michigan schools to tackle childhood obesity. Additionally, initiatives over the last 10 years have granted more than $15 million to improve the health of Michigan residents.
- An award-winning online member experience. Bcbsm.com allows Blue Cross members to have easy access to benefit information, see what is and is not covered by plans, as well as search for doctors by specific criteria such as office hours, gender, specialties and more.
- Day-or-night access to certified nurses. The Blue Cross 24-Hour Nurse Line provides members the opportunity to ask certified nurses health questions day or night, who can then help determine an appropriate course of care.
- Discounts on healthy products and services. Blue Cross members can visit bcbsm.com/xtras to access exclusive discounts available through our member discount program. The program offers savings on gym memberships, groceries, sports equipment and more.
And this is only the beginning. Programs and new features are constantly being added and refined to meet the needs of all Michigan residents.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is your neighbor, your community advocate and your Michigan-bred health insurer. For information about available plans, please visit bcbsm.com/myblue or speak to a HPA at 888-899-4931. Photo credit: Jeffrey Smith