Find Free or Low-Cost Mental Health Care
- Community Mental Health: Michigan Department of Health and Human Services oversees community-based programs located in counties throughout the state.
- Federally Qualified Health Centers: These facilities provide health care for people with mild to moderate mental illness. A full directory of Michigan-based centers can be found here.
- Free or Low-Cost Care Locations: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan’s Help with Care directory lists local free or low-cost facilities that provide dental and behavioral services. It’s a regional directory that can be downloaded or ordered by mail, at no charge.
- Safety Net Clinics: Many statewide clinics connected to non-profits, community organizations and faith groups can offer mental health services or patient referrals. Each year, Blue Cross helps to fund these clinics through a recurring grant program. For more information, click here.
Understanding Insurance Coverage Options
- How to Improve Mental Health in Minorities
- Meeting the Unique Mental Health Needs of Health Care Workers
- Mental Health in the Workplace: Tips for a Supportive Culture