While the accommodations and transportation on Mackinac Island recall a simpler time in history, the conversations that will take place there next week are squarely focused on Michigan’s future. Business and political leaders will gather for the annual Mackinac Policy Conference, which takes place May 30 – June 2 and is sponsored by the Detroit Regional Chamber. A variety of prominent state and national speakers will provide thought leadership on this year’s conference pillars, which are: Restoring Civility in American Politics. Encourage business and civic leaders to shape public discourse to restore the art of compromise for progress in today’s polarized political environment.
- Winning the Race in Connected Technology. Capitalize on Michigan’s strengths to lead in next-generation mobility, expanding beyond the “connected car” to the connectivity of all things and big data.
- Increasing Economic Opportunity. Shrink the opportunity gap and enhance quality of life for all Michiganders by promoting economic inclusion strategies.
If you can’t make it to the island this year, many of the sessions will be broadcast live on Detroit Public Television, which also has a streaming service so everyone statewide can join the conversation. You can read our on-site blogger’s coverage of the conference right here or follow the official conference hashtag, #MPC17, on social media, including our Facebook and Twitter accounts. If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
- CEO Dan Loepp: Here's How Blue Cross Helps Drive Michigan's Health and Economy
- How Blue Cross Uses Information Technology to Improve Health Care
- BCBSM Providing Safety Net Grants to Help Uninsured Patients Access Health Care
Photo credit: Calm Vistas