The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan recently awarded a total of $487,070 to support research and community programs that identify and address critical issues affecting the health of Michigan residents. The grants offered by the Foundation allow for a range of applicants and ideas.
- Community Health Matching Program: $269,020 was awarded to seven grantee partners community-based Michigan organizations to address the needs of its community members and produce a tangible effect in their lives. The Foundation funding includes the funding partner Superior Health Foundation, located in Marquette Michigan.
- Investigator Initiated Programs: $133,800 was invested with three Michigan researchers who will use these grants to turn theory into data, and data into knowledge and improve health outcomes for Michiganders.
- Physician Investigator Research Award Program: $40,000 was invested with four Michigan physicians to address unmet health needs of and improve the quality of care for their patients.
- Student Award Program: $39,000 was invested with thirteen Michigan doctoral and medical students who will receive these grants to further their research to create effective and efficient solutions for the many health issues that people contend with every day necessary.
- Proposal Development Award: $5,250 was invested with three organizations who will use the funds to acquire the services of a grant writers to prepare applications for local and national funders who support healthcare programming.
The BCBSM Foundation is dedicated to improving the health of Michigan residents by supporting health care research and innovative health programs. Each year, BCBSM Foundation invests nearly $2 million in partnering grants to support research quality, value and access to health care. The funding spans the entire 83 counties of the state, from the metro-Detroit area to the communities of the Upper Peninsula. The diversity, relevance and practical application of the research and service delivery projects we fund have earned the Foundation a reputation for excellence and innovation in health philanthropy. Take a look at our current year in giving with the BCBSM Foundation’s 2021 Grant Highlights and the previous year with the BCBSM Foundation's 2020 Grant Highlights