24-Hour Nurse Line
- Blue Cross members 1-800-775-2583
- Blue Care Network members 1-855-624-5214
Online Access to Your Primary Care Doctor
Blue Cross Online Visits
- Choose a visit type: Once you’ve logged in to the app or website, you can choose from different types of visits: medical, therapy or psychiatry. When you choose a service—for example, medical—you can choose the first available doctor, select a doctor from the list or find a specific doctor. Read more about each doctor by clicking on their profile to find out their specialty, languages they speak and more. If a doctor is seeing another patient, you can enter the waiting room until they become available.
- Get started: Click the green “Get Started” button. Since each visit is unique, you’ll be asked for some more information, such as if the visit is for you or someone else and your phone number. You can also invite a guest to the visit, such as a parent who may be traveling or a caregiver.
- Reason for your visit: Next, you’ll choose the reason for your doctor’s visit, such as cold, fever, headache, rash and more.
- Choose a pharmacy: At this point, you’ll be able to select a pharmacy for any medications prescribed after your visit. Your doctor can electronically send most prescriptions directly to the pharmacy for easy pick-up. Enter your zip code to choose a pharmacy near you. To make the most of your pharmacy benefits, choose a pharmacy in the Blue Cross network.
- Provide your medical history: To streamline your visit, you can fill out your medical history, including any chronic conditions, allergies or current medications. You can also add your vitals like blood pressure, temperature and weight.
- Find a provider: If you haven’t already, you can choose a doctor now. Click “More Info” to learn more about the doctor chosen for you, like their primary language and years of experience. Check the box agreeing to the privacy notice to continue to the payment section.
- Verify your insurance and payment options: Now you’ll verify your Blue Cross or Blue Care Network insurance information and review the cost for the online visit. The final step before seeing the doctor is entering your payment information. You can use a debit or credit card, including flex spending or health savings account cards.
- Using therapy and psychiatry visits: The process for therapy and psychiatry visits is similar, except these visits are available by appointment only. Select therapy or psychiatry on the homepage to schedule an appointment by date and provider. Once you’ve chosen the therapist or psychiatrist who is right for you, you can choose your preferred appointment time to begin the scheduling process. Therapy and psychiatry visits are not available across all Blue Cross and Blue Care Network plans, so be sure to check what your plan covers before scheduling an appointment.
- Coronavirus Outbreak: What You Need to Know
- Blue Cross Takes Action to Help Members During the Coronavirus Outbreak