Have you ever needed to quickly know what services your health plan covers, where an in-network doctor is located or how much you’ve paid toward your deductible? Now it’s easy to get the information you need, when you need it. As a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan member, our mobile app gives you access to your health plan wherever life takes you. With the Blue Cross mobile app, members with iPhones or Android smartphones* can easily manage their health care. And, if you haven’t created a member account yet, you can register through the app! A few of the things you can do with the mobile app:
- See plan details – Review what health services your plan covers and other account details.
- Check deductible and out-of-pocket balances – Explore how much you’ve paid toward your deductible and learn more about your out-of-pocket maximum to plan for future medical expenses.
- Manage pharmacy and drugs by checking drug prices, receiving coverage warnings and looking for lower-cost alternatives. You can even choose to have certain prescriptions transferred to home delivery.**
- View claims and EOBs – See what a provider charged for a medical service before you pay your bill. Search for claims by time frame, member, service type or provider.
- Find a Doctor – Easily find a doctor or hospital in your network. Not familiar with the doctor’s office or hospital location? GPS-enabled directions are also available to get you there.
- Compare cost estimates – Keep your health and budget in check by easily estimating and comparing costs for your health services.
- View your ID card – Your Blue Cross or BCN ID card can be accessed on the app – no more frantically searching for your card.
- Monitor health and wellness goals and research health questions through WebMD programs and content
- Connect with customer support – Need to contact Blue Cross? Connecting is simple – find the number you need and call to connect with one tap.
The new mobile app empowers you to conveniently make informed health care decisions and get the most out of your health plan. Want to try it out yourself? Download the mobile app today! Learn more at: bcbsm.com/app To see what other tools and resources Blue Cross offers, check out these blogs:
- Blue Cross Mobile App Enhances Employee Productivity and Patient Experience
- Member Exclusive: $25-A-Month Gym Memberships
- Blue Cross Customer Service: Looking Out for You
*All members with Android version 4.4.2 or higher and iPhone iOS 7.1.2 or higher smartphones. The app isn’t available yet for tablets. **Members who have Blue Cross or Blue Care Network pharmacy coverage Photo credit: Alexandra E Rust