Despite its reputation for being a historic and quaint Michigan tourist destination, the volume and energy on Mackinac Island this week will be turned up as leaders of business, government and community organizations convene to discuss and debate the state’s future economic health. The Detroit Regional Chamber’s Annual Mackinac Policy Conference aims to ensure Michigan’s dynamic and geometric economic growth through three pillars:
- Talent: Deepen Michigan’s talent base through attraction and retention and by connecting individuals with opportunities.
- Urban Revitalization: Drive innovative approaches to transforming Michigan’s historic and new urban centers to foster business growth, financial stability, infrastructure improvements and place making.
- Cohesion: Inspire a commitment among Michigan’s leaders to speak with “One Michigan Voice” built on a foundation of shared values and the overarching ethos of “doing well, by doing good.”
“Michigan’s re-emerging as a national economic leader, but there is a lot of work yet to be done to continue that momentum,” said Chamber President and CEO Sandy K. Baruah. “Expanding the talent base, revitalizing urban centers to unleash their full economic potential, and developing a cohesive strategy focused on what is good for the state will be critical to Michigan’s continued growth.” Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is proud to support the conference as its Diamond sponsor. The ideas put forth at the conference since its inception 35 years ago have strengthened not only the city of Detroit, but all of Michigan. As one of the state’s largest employers, and as a health insurer that covers nearly 1-in-2 Michiganders, we believe in the power of #MPC15 to advance Michigan’s comeback and chart out ways to ensure a better future for our fellow Michigan residents. At Blue Cross, we also believe Michigan is stronger when our core cities are vibrant. We’ve invested significantly in locating our workforce within Michigan’s core cities, supporting community organizations that are making a positive difference on a number of fronts related to the health of our people, and partnering with business leaders to ensure a healthier state economy moving forward. MI Blues Perspectives readers can watch live coverage of the three-day event right here on our blog through Detroit Public Television’s LiveStream broadcast at the following days and times. Tune in for an inside look at some of the event’s keynote speakers, panel discussions and exclusive DPTV interviews with business leaders from across the state. DPTV Mackinac Policy Conference Livestream Broadcast Schedule:
- Wednesday May 27 – 1:00 – 5:00pm ET
- Thursday May 28 – 8:30am – 5:00pm ET
- Friday May 29 – 9:00am – 11:45am ET
- Wednesday – Friday – Mackinac Tonight Evening Wrap-Ups 7:30pm ET
For more information about the live broadcast visit http://livestream.com/detroitpublictv. We’ll also have coverage from our on-site blogger and across BCBSM’s social media channels including Facebook and Twitter. We hope you’ll follow along using #MPC15 on social media. Photo credit: Scott Ellis If you liked this post, you may want to check out: Mackinac Island Carriage Driver Shares Positive Blues Experience with Shopping for Individual Coverage BCBSM Commitment to #MPC14 is an Investment in the Health of Michigan Be Brave Swim: Three Women and the Straits of Mackinac