What Members Love About Access to Telemedicine Services
by Blues Perspectives
| 2 min read
As technology streamlines and improves our daily lives, you and your health can benefit from technology-based resources and services that give you and your family choices for care when you need it. Blue Cross Online Visits℠ is one digital resource you’ll want to consider. Online visits can be used to diagnose minor illnesses such as sinus and respiratory infections, colds and flu. You can even get a prescription from the doctor online, if necessary. Some other benefits of telemedicine include:
- Convenience: Being able to talk to a U.S. board-certified doctor or licensed therapist in a few simple steps from the comfort of your couch can save you time in the waiting room. An average medical visit takes about 10 minutes.
- 24/7 Access: Using online services, you can chat with doctors and therapists through your smartphone, tablet, or computer anywhere in the U.S. Online Visits also let you take your health care on the go when you travel for work or for vacation. It’s perfect for minor illnesses such as minor cuts and rashes.
- Ease: If your Blue Cross or Blue Care Network plan covers virtual doctor visits, you or anyone on your plan can use the service. Creating an account is easy using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Visit www.bcbsmonlinevisits.com or download the BCBSM Online VisitsSM app to use your online visits account.
- Appointment availability: The average wait time with Blue Cross Online Visits is about three minutes and the average call is about 10 minutes, although a doctor will spend as much time as necessary. You can see any first available doctor immediately or enter the waiting room for a doctor of your choice.
- Affordability: For coverage details and cost, you can check your member account by visiting bcbsm.com. Therapy or psychiatry visits cost the same as your behavioral health cost shares. Having trained and qualified health care available at your fingertips can mean less out-of-pocket costs for some plans.
Be sure to follow up with your primary doctor – you’ll get a visit summary to share after an online visit. Don’t have a primary care doctor? Go to bcbsm.com to Find a Doctor.
More from MIBluesPerspectives:
- 3 Ways to Use Blue Cross Online Visits℠ on Vacation
- 5 Advantages of Using Blue Cross Online Visits
- Blue Cross Online Visits: Making Mental Health from Anywhere a Possibility
Photo credit: Getty Images