As an employer, you can encourage your employees to embrace healthy lifestyle behaviors. One way to do this is with well-being challenges. You can create well-being challenges around fitness, gratitude, mindfulness, nutrition or drinking water. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or time.
Example: Healthy Selfie Challenge
- Encourage your team to take a picture of themselves doing something healthy – eating a healthy meal, running, meditating, etc.
- Gather all the pictures and share on the intranet, in a company newsletter, or in your well-being communications.
- You can also have a vote on the pictures and give a token gift to the winner.
You can determine the success of the program by challenging your staff to have at least a certain percentage of employees participate. If you are worried about engagement, here are some ideas to grow participation:
- Start challenges on a smaller scale. Maybe start with individual departments.
- Get leadership to participate in the challenge.
- Talk to leaders, find out what is important to them and ask others to participate.
Learn more about ideas for well-being challenges you can set up and run in your office in this Blue Cross® Virtual Well-Being webinar. During the webinar, experts discuss how a little competition can be good for your staff’s health. Starting in February 2021, we will conduct a series on challenges where you will receive four off-the-shelf challenges you can run with your team. You can also sign up for future employer-focused and general interest webinars here, where you’ll also find past sessions and resources. Related:
- Working with Introverts and Extroverts
- How to Set Well-Being Goals for Your Company
- Well-Being Trends for 2021
Photo credit: FG Trade