DETROIT, May 31, 2023, – Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan members on May 25, 2023, elected a slate of 12 individuals to the company’s board of directors. The elected slate is part of the 35-directors who make up the full board. “Having members elect the board is vital to who we are and how we act as a company,” said Daniel J. Loepp, BCBSM president and CEO.
The 12 elected board members and their components are as follows:
- Ronald Bieber – Large and Medium Group Labor
- Robert Casalou – Provider
- Rosalind Cooperman – Small-Group and Individual
- Shauna Ryder Diggs, M.D. – At Large
- Christopher Maksym, Pharm.D. – Provider
- Gary McInerney – Small-Group and Individual
- Anne Mervenne – Large and Medium Group Management
- Susanne Mitchell – Large and Medium Group Labor
- Brian Peters – Provider
- Laura Swartzmiller – Large and Medium Group Management
- Renee Turner-Bailey – Large and Medium Group Labor
- Janice Uhlig – Large and Medium Group Management
The 2023-2024 Blue Cross board seats 35 directors. Eight seats are filled by medical professionals, six seats are filled by individual subscribers and small groups, and four seats are at large. A seat is filled by the company’s chief executive officer. The remaining 16 seats are filled by Blue Cross customers from large and medium group management and labor.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, a nonprofit mutual insurance company, is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. BCBSM provides health benefits to more than 4.7 million members residing in Michigan in addition to employees of Michigan-headquartered companies residing outside the state. For more company information, visit bcbsm.com and MiBluesPerspectives.com.