Surprising Perks Your Health Plan Covers
For most shoppers, there’s no better feeling than receiving a discount or getting an extra item with your purchase. While you might only expect to receive those pleasant surprises from companies such as clothing stores or car dealerships, we want you to know that your health plan offers them, too.
As a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network member, you have benefits that go beyond coverage for medical exams, immunizations or prescription drugs. In fact, you have access to a variety of discounts, programs and services that can support your health journey.
Take advantage of special offers
- Member discounts with Blue365®: You can get discounts on groceries, fitness gear, recreation and much more from businesses in Michigan and across the United States. Simply log in at bcbsm.com and click on Member Discounts with Blue365® on your home page. Or you can check out the deals at Blue365Deals.com.
- Discounted gym memberships: Blue365® has teamed up with Fitness Your WayTM to give you an affordable and convenient way to get fit. For only $29 a month, a $29 enrollment fee and at least a three-month commitment, you’ll get access to more than 10,000 fitness locations nationwide. To enroll, log in to your member account at bcbsm.com, click on Member Discounts with Blue365 on your home page and search for the Fitness Your Way deal.
- The Blue Cross RewardsSM program: By choosing certain health care services that are more cost-effective, you can get a $25 to $75 gift card for Amazon, Target, Home Depot and more. Get started at bcbsm.com/get-rewards.
Online resources for body and mind
- Blue Cross Virtual Well-Being: This program features short, high-energy, live webinars every Thursday at noon Eastern time. The webinar topics include mindfulness, resilience, emotional health, financial wellness, gratitude and more. You can watch the webinars on your computer or mobile device. Learn more, register or watch past webinars at bluecrossvirtualwellbeing.com.
- Blue Cross Online VisitsSM: When your primary care doctor isn’t available, you can use your mobile device or computer anywhere in the U.S. to meet with a doctor for minor illnesses such as a cold, flu or sore throat. Or you can talk to a behavioral health professional or psychiatrist to help work through challenges such as anxiety or grief. Use Blue Cross Online Visits through the BCBSM Online VisitsSM app; log on to bcbsmonlinevisits.com; or call 1-844-606-1608.
Other programs that may be available to you
Call the Customer Service number on the back of your Blue Cross ID card to see if your plan covers:
- The Employee Assistance Program offers help for a variety of issues including behavioral health. Blue Cross partners with New Directions to provide counseling and assistance on life challenges such as depression, anxiety and drug and alcohol problems.
- The Tobacco Cessation Coaching program is designed for people who are ready to set a quit date within the next 30 days. They also may have coverage for tobacco-cessation aids, such as medication and nicotine replacement products, at no additional cost.
If you found this post helpful, check these out:
- Blue Cross Rewards: Shop, Save, Get Rewarded
- Are Your Health Care Choices Costing You?
- Informed Employees are Empowered Employees
Photo credit: Petar Chernaev