Health insurance can be difficult to understand. But at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network, we’re on a mission to make it as easy as possible for all of our members, whether you recently selected a plan or you've been with us for a long time. One of the key ways we do that is our website, bcbsm.com. By logging in to your member account, you’ll find resources to help you better understand and manage your health plan, such as:
- Details on your deductible, out-of-pocket maximum and copayments
- Coverage details for specific health care services
- Current claims and your history
- Access your virtual ID card
- Electronic explanation of benefits (EOB) statements
You can register to receive an email notification each time a new EOB is posted to your bcbsm.com member account. You’ll have quick online access to all your EOBs from the last 24 months in one convenient and secure location, and help the environment by opting for this paperless option. You’ll also have access to these online member-exclusive resources to help you stay on top of your health insurance:
- The Blue Cross Health & Wellness health assessment, powered by WebMD®, provides a picture of your overall health and risks. After completing the health assessment, you’ll have a list of the next steps you can take to improve your health.
- For Non-Medicare PPO members, the Cost Estimator tool on your Blue Cross account can help you shop for health care services and compare costs at different hospitals and facilities. Doing so can help you plan ahead to save on health care expenses.
- The Find a Doctor tool at bcbsm.com allows you to search for in-network doctors and hospitals that fit your criteria. You can search for a new doctor or specialist, read patient reviews and quality reports. You can also head here to find in-network care if you’re traveling.
We work hard every day to clear the confusion out of health insurance. To learn more about your health plan, register at bcbsm.com or visit one of the blogs below: