If you’ve ever had questions about your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network health plan or wanted to review your benefits before going to the doctor, you might already be familiar with the member website on bcbsm.com. But if you haven’t logged in and explored the site yet, there’s a lot you’re missing out on. The site contains all of the latest details relating to your specific plan so you can easily manage your health care plan. Here are some of the helpful resources on bcbsm.com that can make your life easier:
- Personal Snapshot: There are plenty of numbers to keep track of when it comes to your insurance plan, such as copayments, deductibles, coinsurance and out-of-pocket costs. The personal snapshot on the website has all of those specifics in one place. Once you’re logged in, you can view your payment and claims history as well.
- Member reviews: You can read reviews about specific doctors written by other members, helping you decide where you want to go for treatment. Have something to share about your own experience? Write a review yourself.
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB): EOB statements are the documents you receive after you see a doctor that list the services you received, how much your insurer paid and what your health insurance didn’t cover. Instead of receiving a paper version in the mail, opt for email notification — you’ll get an email whenever there’s a new EOB posted to your account online.
- Treatment cost estimates: Whenever you’re about to get a procedure done, it’s natural to wonder how much it will cost you. PPO and HMO members can use Find a Doctor to get an estimate and compare cost and quality for various providers in a specific area.* While this isn’t a guaranteed rate, it will give you an idea of how much you will have to pay.
- Health and wellness advice: Once you’ve logged on to your member account at bcbsm.com, you have access to our health and wellness tools and resources, powered by WebMD®. There you’ll be able to take a health assessment, chat on message boards, read about treatment options, sync fitness tracking devices and even sign up for one of the 11 online health coaching programs that’ll help you improve your lifestyle.
To register, all you need is to go to bcbsm.com/register. Once you've registered, you can visit an easy-to-navigate mobile version of bcbsm.com from your smart phone or tablet. For more insight into getting the most out of your health plan, read these other blogs:
- Activate Your Online Member Account and Win
- How to Decode Your Health Care Plan
- Adulting 101: Figuring Out Health Insurance
*Cost estimates are available to most non-Medicare members. Photo credit: Lars Plougmann