- Find out how to get a COVID-19 vaccine by visiting Michigan.gov/COVIDvaccine.
Why a two-part vaccine?
- COVID-19 vaccination reminder card will be given to people receiving the first dose of the vaccine. It has space for a written reminder for a second-dose appointment.
- People with smartphones are being asked to take a picture of these reminder cards and add the due date for the second dose to their calendars.
- MDHHS is developing text messaging reminders that will be sent prior to a person’s second dose.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a “V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker” app for smartphones. It can send people reminders when they are due for a second dose.
- New COVID-19 Variants Underscore Importance of Prevention Efforts to Stop the Spread
- COVID-19 Vaccines: What You Should Know
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan will provide $0 cost sharing for COVID-19 vaccine coverage