Five Reasons to Complete a Health Assessment
by Carolyn Willemsen
| 2 min read
Your health is one of the most important things you have. Why not spend some time on it today to help you stay healthy in the future? Completing a health assessment is a great way to get some insight into your health and learn ways to improve it. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network members have a great way to take charge of their health: The Blue Cross® Health & Wellness online health assessment, powered by WebMD®. Here are five reasons why you should complete the Blue Cross Health & Wellness online health assessment:
- It’s quick and convenient. Our health assessment takes only 10 or 15 minutes to complete, and you can take it on your computer, mobile device, or even through the Blue Cross mobile app.
- It’s easy to complete. The health assessment asks a variety of basic, easy-to-answer questions about diet, exercise, sleep, medical history and lifestyle factors.
- Receive immediate feedback. You’ll receive a health score based on an analysis of your modifiable health risks, plus a list of your highest risks and tailored reports providing additional information about your health risks.
- Learn how to lower your health risks. Our tailored reports also include tips and strategies to help you make positive lifestyle changes, lower your health risks and improve your health.
- It can help you become a better you. Knowing your health risks helps you take charge of your health and provides motivation to make lifestyle changes that can improve your health and well-being now — and in the future.
The more details provided, the more accurate your health score will be. Although you don’t need them to complete the health assessment, it helps if you have this information available:
- Blood pressure
- Total cholesterol
- HDL cholesterol
- LDL cholesterol
- Blood sugar
- Height, weight and waist measurement
- Recent health screenings
The information in your health assessment is confidential and will be disclosed only as permitted by state and federal privacy laws. Ready to take the Blue Cross Health & Wellness online health assessment? Follow the quick, easy steps below to get started:
- Log in to your member account at bcbsm.com or through the Blue Cross mobile app.
- Click on Health & Wellness.
- Click on Take Your Health Assessment, or on Health Assessment under the Healthy Living
Take charge of your health and complete your Blue Cross health assessment today. WebMD Health Services is an independent company supporting Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network by providing health and wellness services.